(Left to Right): Peter Buffett, Jimmie Briggs, Joe Ehrmann, Tony Porter,
Dave Zirin and Moderator Eve Ensler.
Steve Rogers’ wardrobe in The Winter Soldier - for oksana
fake person Chris Evans.
Today one of my friends was dress coded for her bra strap showing and so she wrote on the gym shirt that they gave her. It reads “Dress Code: promotes the objectification and sexualization of young bodies, blames the wearer for the onlooker’s perceptions/actions, perpetuates rape culture, and is bullshit” On the back she wrote “You can’t shame me for something I’m not ashamed for”. It was really cool seeing all of the people’s reactions who saw it and I thought what she did was pretty cool.
YES YOUNG WOMEN STANDING UP FOR THEMSELVES
Do whatever you want damnit.
Fill your body with fruit. Eat cookies all day. Pack your stuff and go see the world. Game all day with the blinds shut. Meet new people. Run through a flower field until your legs fall off. Get an office job. Sleep until 2pm.
Just do what makes you hella happy, for fuck sake.
As some of you know, I have not been doing very well the last couple months. Because of that, my number of actual art posts have dwindled and my personal posts have skyrocketed, and at times I haven’t posted anything at all. And yet, except for a few exceptions, you guys have stayed with me on this blog and have sent tons and tons of support and love my way and I just can not thank you all enough! I wish I could send something to every single one of you but this is the best I can do!
This for all my followers, as well as future followers, who have and hopefully will continue to bare with me and all my malfunctions and annoyances!
- You must be following me because this is a thank you to my followers and future followers!!!
- Both likes and reblogs count!
- Please reblog only once as not to annoy your followers.
- You must have your ask box open so that I will be able to contact you if you win and you must be comfortable giving me your address so I can send you your stuff!
Grand prize winner will receive:
- An 8 ft. long 4th doctor scarf
- A John Watson styled sweater (It has been loved by me for a couple years so it is a little worn. Don’t be alarmed.)
- A deerstalker hat
- A 11th Doctor fez
- A pair of Bee socks from my store
- Sherlock Season 1 on DVD
- Arthur Conan Doyle’s Hounds of the Baskervilles book
- 8 Sherlock fanartist stickers (with a couple Sock Drawer stickers thrown in there.)
- A poster of a map of Middle Earth with Gandalf on the reverse side
- A Doctor Who poster
- A Portrait of Ben C drawn by me!
- A copy of ENtertainment weekly with an Article on Doctor Who in it
- + a little note and doodle from me
5 runner up winners will receive:
- 2 pairs of socks picked out by me from my store
- A bunch of Sock Drawer stickers from my store
- + a little note and doodle from me
- (also if I see you are following my stores tumblr, the-sockdrawer, you will get an extra little something!)
The give away ends in exactly 3 weeks, on Friday September 19th.
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR BEING AS SWEET AS YOU ARE AND GOODLUCK TO YOU ALL!
Also a thank you to ma bb krfr (ohg-d) for helping me model some of the stuff.
JUST ONE MORE WEEK UNTIL ITS OVER GUYS!!! And I will be sending the prizes out ASAP so you wont have to wait to long!! Like and Reblog away!
Ha’a Keaulana runs across the ocean floor with a 50 pound boulder. They do this as training to survive the massive surf waves of winter. She learned her amazing skills from her dad, legendary waterman #briankeaulana and her Grandpa, #Buffalo. I was very humbled to learn from the Hawaiians who have salt water running through their veins. Mahalo Nui Loa. Please stay tuned for our upcoming story on the Hawaiian surfing culture.
Shared of @natgeo
This is just.. Super impressive.